Sunday, April 14, 2013

Funky bowl

I can't believe it's mid April already.  The weather has finally improved, though we had temps in the high 80's to 90 last week.  Boy, it was hard to keep the air conditioner off.  Thankfully, it passed and this weekend has been gorgeous!

My daughter spent yesterday organizing my "craft room", which is in the middle of my kitchen.  I bought an 8 drawer rolling cart from Staples a few weeks ago and she straightened, stocked and labeled all the drawers for me.  What a great help!  Now I don't have to dig through a million boxes to find what I want.  I still have some things that need to be better organized {boy, you forget all the stuff you buy!}, but I finally felt like claying today. 

I found a new bead shop, not too far from us, and am thrilled to have some place to go where I can get the jewelry findings I need and thinner satin cording for my kumihimo.  I'm still working on home goods and am making ring things and bowls.

Here's my first ring thing.....

It's kind of hard to see in this picture, but the impressed lines have been filled with silver mica powder.  I have many ideas for this item and look forward to seeing them to fruition.

Here is my first funky bowl....


It measures approximately 5 inches in diameter.  The top layer was made from a cane I made with my Makin's extruder.  You can't see in this picture, but the back was a layer of black tinged translucent clay.  I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out, and like the ring thing, have many more ideas.

I hope to get both of these items listed on my web site tonight.  It's still a work in progress, but feel free to stop by.


Till next time, stay safe and be happy!


No comments:

Post a Comment