Thursday, February 7, 2013

New beads

We have our first show of 2013 coming up in March and I need some new inventory.  I make a lot of polymer clay pendants that we sell with cording {hence the kumihimo strands}, but  I decided I want to add to my necklace and earring sets.

I subscribe to polymer clay tutorials by Cindy Lietz @ http://www.beadvideos.com/ .  If you have any interest in trying polymer clay, her videos are very easy to follow and she makes everything sooo easy!  You can't beat the price either.  I also spend a lot of time searching through the internet for information on different techniques (you can find tons of free tutorials out there! - just google polymer clay}. 

While some of my favorite techniques are mica shift and mokume gane, I recently came across a tutorial for torn water color.  Now, I had seen this a while ago, but for some reason, didn't give it much thought or work.  Well.....I'm on a roll now.  I've been making different colored sheets to make into beads and have multiple colors in the works.

Here are some beads ready to go into the oven. {My two favorite colors!}


Here are a few already baked waiting for sanding...




  I just finished applying liquid wax to the blue beads...



I still have red, green, and yellow sheets to work on.  Once I complete a necklace/earring set, I'll take another picture and post it.

Til next time, stay safe and be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment