Sunday, February 10, 2013

Busy Weekend

Been busy making beads all weekend, but did have a chance to string a necklace with the blue torn water color beads from my last post.
I love pairing polymer clay with crystals {I used blue and clear with some white glass beads}.  I also made a pair of earrings to match.
I recently caught up on my viewing of the polymer clay tutorials from Cindy Lietz.  I think I found a new favorite technique.  Jasper stones come in many different colors; red, blue, green, tan and brown, to name a few.  Cindy's faux Jasper tutorial was very easy to follow and I think I made a dozen or so beads. 

Here are just a few waiting to be made into pendants or necklaces.
I love the shine I was able to get with my new Dremel 4000.  I have a grinder/buffer, but need some space to set it up.  This new dremel is electric {my old one was battery operated and didn't hold a charge too long}.  Mind you, the pads that come with the dremel don't work too well for shining polymer.  I happened to fine some cotton batting I bought years ago and cut some circles out and attached it to the dremel with one of the screws included with the set.  The batting is very soft and does such a good job, I may use this for my smaller pieces from now on. 

Til next time, stay safe and be happy.



No comments:

Post a Comment