Monday, February 4, 2013

More Kumihimo

For those repeat viewers, let me know what you think of the new look of my blog.  I felt I needed a change and wanted to lighten it up some.  

Been busy working on some more kumihimo strands for our show in March.  I've been lucky and  found several resources on the internet and have been experimenting with different patterns.

This is one of the patterns I found for a 20 strand.  I wanted to make a slightly thicker necklace and  used red, orange and yellow for the strand.  I probably should have used black for an accent, vs white, but I think this one turned out pretty good.  I figured it can be used alone or with a pendant.


Here are a few others made with different patterns.  You can see the pattern a little better in the orange one in this picture.  I'm almost done adding the hand wrapped clasps to all of the strands I made.


Below is a finished bracelet I made with our Baltimore Raven's colors.....just in time for the superbowl win!!!  Way to go team!!!!  This pattern matches the blue and silver one above.  You may be able to see the raised black strand a littler better in the bracelet, than the blue above.


Til next time, stay safe and be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment