Saturday, March 3, 2012

I finally had some extra time to get some of my new frames posted on my ArtFire site.  This first one was inspired by the Polymer Clay Smooshers Guild Celtic challenge.  I have seen several tutorials for faux leather and just love the look.  I combined this with one of my celtic knot stamps and voila!  What do you think?


My daughter saw another frame I made using a sort of flower stamp.  Green is her favorite color and she loves sunflowers, which the stamp reminded her of.  So, she asked me to make her one.  Of course, I did, however when she saw it, she said it didn't look like a sunflower at all.  Oh well, I still like it.


I have a lot more ideas on other frames to make and want to start making them larger.  Here is a bigger one that is not finished yet.  It's made with stamped clay brushed with copper pearlex powder, that I cut into pieces for a mosaic type style.  Have to finish the grouting yet.

It's the first time I have attempted this technique, so I am still critiquing the outcome.  May have to tweek some here and there on my next one, but....live and learn, right?

Til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment