Monday, May 28, 2012

New pendants

Hope everyone had a wonderful Memorial Holiday.  Thanks to all the men and women who have served to keep us free!

During our last guild meeting, we had some time so I showed the members what I've been working on.  Something I call mokume gane focus.  It's kind of a combination of, {but slightly different than} all the mokume gane designs I've seen on line {from great artisans like Cindy Lietz, Julie Picarello and a multitude of others I can't seem to recall right now.}  The idea is to have a multicolored "focus" design/picture/word that will be the center of your pendant, but will be smooth, not raised or impressed.  The goal was to have it look like the design was painted on.  See, my daughter asked me to make a pendant for one of my granddaughter's teachers.  She said I could choose between a butterfly or hearts.  I chose the butterfly.  I didn't want to make a butterfly shaped pendant, so I put on my thinking cap and started playing around.  As opposed to the general mokume gane, the focus is one object, with multiple colors surrounding or in the actual picture.  I'm still perfecting the process and have a lot of ideas in my head for other designs.  


Here's another piece I made for our upcoming show on Saturday.  I wanted to get some summer colors in my pieces and am also working with pinks, yellows and oranges.  

This next piece hasn't been buffed yet.  I just love the color combination.


And, last but not least...


 Til next time, stay safe and be happy!



No comments:

Post a Comment