Sunday, December 1, 2013

Shopping frenzy???

Yes, I did brave the crowds to go out last Friday to try to finish up my Christmas shopping.  I have to say, it wasn't bad.  We only went to a few stores, as I knew what I wanted.  The first stop I made was to Michaels.  They had a great sale and I ended up getting quite a discount! 

 It was nice to have a four day weekend.  Thanksgiving was quiet; just four of us, but the turkey turned out great {we'll be eating leftovers forever!}, the weather was gorgeous, and the Ravens won!!!!  Besides celebrating and shopping, I had a chance to catch up on watching my video tutorials from Cindy Lietz.  That in itself can be dangerous....she always has such neat information and ideas, I am inclined to expand my jewelry making repertoire {hence Michaels and the "great" savings}.  One of the videos I watched was for an owl charm.  There was also a charm made of metal that she stamped.  So, of course, I have been searching the web for any information I can find on metalsmithing and bought some metal sheets at Michaels.  I also made a trip to Polymer Clay Express yesterday for additional supplies.  It's great to have them so close. 

My daughter has been asking me for months to make her a tree of life pendant with her children's birthstone colors.   I was finally able to put a piece together for her.  I wanted to add a crystal for her and her husband, however, I didn't have the colors I needed.  Still, I'm pleased with how it turned out.


Well, the weekend is almost over; time to get some housework done.  At least I don't have to worry about what's for dinner tonight!

Til next time; stay safe and be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment