Friday, July 6, 2012

Beautiful Smoky Mountains

Been away for a few weeks, on a much needed vacation.  I took two of my daughters and 1 year-old grandson to Gatlinburg, Tennessee.  I just love the Great Smoky Mountains and, since it's been about six years since we were there, it was wonderful to go back.

We did a lot of walking, saw many attractions, "mined" for jewels, swam.....and ate too much!  If you ever have a chance to go, you should.  It really is a beautiful part of the country.

We wanted to see some waterfalls, and decided to take a hike to an 80 foot fall called Laurel Falls.  The "hike" was about 1.3 miles and almost straight up hill {well, maybe not straight up, but it sure felt like it}.  The path was windy and narrow and we saw many signs about the dangers of falling off the ledge.  The views were spectacular!  Here is one overlooking a dense forest to the mountain range beyond.  I really need to invest in a better camera....the picture does not do it justice.
Finally made it!  Here is the top part of the fall.  It was so cool {temperature wise} when we reached the landing, I could have stayed there all day.  Unfortunately, many other people had the same idea.

The bottom part of the falls.  That's my daughter on the lower left.

Several days, we took the 33 mile trip...across the mountain....to Cherokee, N.C.  Again, the views were amazing.  


Can you tell I love the mountains???   


It was a great trip, but, it's great to be home.  Time to put the thinking cap on and start that creative process again.  I'm sure this break has inspired me. 

Til next time, stay safe and be happy.




No comments:

Post a Comment