Tuesday, June 28, 2011

New works

Getting ready for an upcoming show and I am trying to think of different techniques for my clay pendants.  Luckily, I had the opportunity to attend the Bead Show in town last Saturday and stopped by the booth for Craft Fantastic.  I had never heard of her before, but was excited to see her wares.  Basically, she has put together packets with glass, glue/glaze, bails and image sheets that one can use to make great looking pendants in minutes.  Bought some and am incorporating my clay work with the glass covers.  Here are a few of the pendants I made.  The one on the far right was made using one of her image sheets.


The green, black and white piece on the left was made with a mokume gane cane I made.  The tree was made using a punch out of a tree for the pattern, silver leaf and alcohol inks.  It didn't quite turn out the way I expected, however, I think it looks ok.  The purple, black and white was made from some scrap clay, twisted and rolled through the pasta machine.  Each clay piece was baked onto the glass {trying to get all those little air bubbles out was difficult}, then the clay back was covered with the Fantastic Glaze and Glue included in the packet I bought.  The pieces were finished by gluing on the silver plated bail with E6000 glue.  All in all, I was very pleased with the results.  If you are interested, check out her site @ craftfantastic.com. 

Just for fun, I have been trying my hand at some sculpture {inspired by some of the great artisan in the PolymerClay Smooshers}.  Keep in mind, this was done by someone without a significant art background, but I think they are pretty cute.





On to the next task....work!

Have a great day and see ya next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment