Monday, May 2, 2011

Yea May

Happy May everyone!!

I began using polymer clay to make jewelry a little over a year ago.  I wanted to expand my line, add pieces that were unique, and, ok I admit it, be able to say "I made that by hand."  Not having ever worked with polymer before, I began researching on the internet.  I also bought many books from famous polymer artisans; Lisa Pavelka and Donna Kato to name a few {Amazon.com is a great place to get the books and are usually less expensive than stores.  I have even bought used books at great prices}.  This served to get my creative juices going and I jumped in with both hands.  I love it!   

If you are interested in learning how to work with polymer clay, there are multiple books, videos and tutorials that can be found out there.  Trust me, I know from experience and hours of searching. 8-}  One great site I found was for weekly tutorials by Cindy Lietz.  There is a small yearly fee, however, with that you have access to weekly video tutorials, member support and many, many ideas.  Cindy is very knowledgeable about working with polymer clay and all the varied techniques there are.  She makes things very easy to understand and duplicate.  She is offering a free tutorial of a technique she developed, called the teardrop blend.  This is a variation of the skinner blend, which mixes colors in a seamless range, usually from light to dark tones.  To view this free tutorial, check out the following link;

http://tinyurl.com/teardrop-blend


If you are familiar with Cindy, you know how helpful she can be.  If you aren't, take my advice and watch the video, see how you like it, and if you think you might want to give claying a try, keep her in mind for her wonderful tutorials.   

Till next time remember............
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
- Walt Disney (1901-1966)

No comments:

Post a Comment