Saturday, April 16, 2011

Hi and welcome!


Hi, my name is Jan.  Welcome to my blog.  I must admit I am a newbie to all of this technology stuff, so please have patience with me.

My daughters, Kristen, Jordan, and I started a small craft business in 2009.  We make handmade jewelry, using crystals, glass beads and polymer clay.  It's a small enterprise; home-based, started with the plan to participate in local craft shows.  Now we also have a shop on ArtFire {I'll put a link in for those who want to take a gander!} where we are certified handmade artisans.

I decided to set up this blog to talk about my love of polymer clay, network with other artisans, and hopefully, obtain feedback on some of my work.  More importantly, I want to encourage all those that have a desire to start creating.  I am someone who has always loved to create and found this wonderful medium to use in my jewelry designs.  I don't have an art background like so many polymer clay artisans do, {I'm a Registered Nurse by profession}...so, don't let that stop you from expressing your creativity.  There are many wonderful, talented artisans out there and tons of resources one can find if they just have the patience to look.

The address to our ArtFire site:  
http://DreamWeaversDesigns.artfire.com

I recently joined the Polymer Clay Smooshers.  You can look at their blog at:

http://www.polymerclaysmooshers.blogspot.com/


Here you can have access to additional ArtFire links, and let me tell you, these are some gifted artisans.  Browse around and enjoy.

I have included a few of my pieces made with polymer clay.  Among the many variety of techniques there are, I just love swirling different colors together {the heart below is a self mixed pink and translucent} to see what comes out.  The round pendant at the beginning of this entry was made with red, gold, black and translucent clay.  One of the first things I learned when researching polymer clay is, don't throw away clay you think you have messed up.  Even scraps of clay can be combined to make something striking.

In closing for today, I hope to be able to show many other artisans works, talk a little about my life, and definitely encourage those interested in pursuing this art form.  So come back often, leave a comment or ask a question.  I'll be glad to help if I can.

Til next time keep in mind..... A person may not remember the words you spoke to them, but they will remember how you made them feel. 










2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much. I'm goin a little crazy trying to figure out how to work this site!! 8-) I hope to start posting works by other artisans soon.

    ReplyDelete